JIS G3462 STBA25 Alloy Steel Seamless Boiler Tubes
JIS G3462 STBA25 Alloy steel boiler and heat exchanger tubes
Standard: JIS G3462
JIS G3462 Alloy Steel Tubes are mainly used for exchanging heat on within and in the vicinity of the underground. It can use as water tube, smoke tube, superheated tubes, air preheater tube, etc.Higher temperature resistance or capacity corrosion, end up being widely used by petroleum, chemical engineering, boiler, heat exchanger and other power areas.
JIS G3462 STBA25 alloy steel tube is not applicable for heating furnaces and heat exchangers for low temperature service.
JIS G3462 STBA25 Alloy steel boiler and heat exchanger tubes Quick Details
Type:Seamless Steel Pipe
Wall thickness(WT): 3.2mm——14 mm.
Outer diameter (OD): 19.05mm——168.3 mm
Length: 6M or specified length as required.
Ends: Plain End, Beveled End, Treaded
Method of Manufacture
The tubes of STBA25 shall be manufactured by seamless process.
||Isothermal annealing, full annealing or normalizing followed by tempering
1. Low temperature annealing shall not be applied to the electric resistance welded steel tube.
2. The tempering temperature for STHA25 shall be 650˚ or higher
||Chemical Composition Limits (%)
||Tensile Property (N/mm2)
||Yield Point or Yield Strength (N/mm2)
|OD ≥ 20 mm
||10 mm ≤ OD ＜20 mm
||OD ＜10 mm
|NO. 11 Sample; NO. 12 Sample
||NO. 11 Sample
||NO. 11 Sample
1. The above table is only applicable for heat exchanger alloy steel pipes. The buyer can appoint the upper limit value of tensile strength. The upper limit value of tensile strength is the above shown value plus 147 N/mm2.
2. For the alloy steel tube with the thickness of less than 8 mm, we use NO.12 sample for tensile test. The minimum elongation will be reduced by 1.5% from the table value when the thickness reduces 1 mm. The value obtained will be rounded to an integer value according to JIS Z 8401 (a rounding method).
3. When we take the electric resistance welded steel pipes for tensile test, we also choose NO.12 sample from the parts not containing welding seams.
Chemical Analysis, Tensile Test , Flattening test, Flaring test, Reverse Flattening Test , Hydrostatic Test or Nondestructive Examination.